Zoids After Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! You last visited 31st December 1969. You have 53 posts! Please welcome the newest player https://zoidsae.rpg-board.net/u48

3 posters

Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky

Thoria

Monetary Credits : 300
    RPC : 152

Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky Empty Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky

Post by Thoria 20th April 2017, 19:54

Organoid name: Kailani (Hawaiian, lit. Sea and sky)

Species: Kelpie (The Celtic shapeshifting water spirit, not the australian dog breed)

Description:
    Image credit:
    Being a curious biomechanical creation based upon the mythological water spirits of an ancient culture, Kailani can utilise its ability to manifest a number of forms, ranging from her usual outward appearance of what appears to be a large horse with the rear of an aquatic creature, to her almost-passable humanoid guise (though this tends to cause problems, apparently it isn't easy walking on two legs, and the whole biometallic skin thing is a dead giveaway).

In her 'standard' form, Kailani stretches almost twelve feet in length, with a large glowing pentagram glowing a chill blue with similarly colored spots along the length of her tail, mimicking bioluminesence.

Curse of the backahast:
    When combined with the power of a zoid core, Kailani manifests the ability to alter a zoid to enable it to travel utilizing a different means, where one may fly, it could swim. Where one could burrow beneath the earth it could gain the power of flight.
    Functionally, this is performed by the temporary adaptation of appendages, limbs becoming fin or winglike with minor reinforcement provided by the organoids abilities.

Effect:
    Allows alteration of one particular mode of travel (ground, air or water) to function as another (ie ground to water, air to ground, water to air etc). If zoid has access to a secondary movement stat, the non-primary stat is taken for conversion. This conversion does not count for any speed modification abilities/equipment.

Additionally, limb modifications mean all limbs (only limbs!) gain 50 armor, expiring after fusion completes.

Notes:
    Seapony, shoo shoo be doo!
    I'm on the fence with the 50 additional armor, even with it being a temporary boost.

Have at folks...
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

RPC : 20

Character sheet
    Name: Valkyrie
    Team: Fury
    Primary Zoid: Konig Wolf EX type

Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky Empty Re: Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky

Post by Valkyrie 24th April 2017, 17:58

<_< nobody has anything to say? >_>
    Thoria

Monetary Credits : 300
    RPC : 152

Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky Empty Re: Organoid - Kailani, spirit of Sea and Sky

Post by Thoria 25th April 2017, 00:20

I suppose I should also mention the loot quest to acquire said organoid egg...

"A taste of home"
    Thoria takes some much needed time off to visit the old haunt, to catch a few waves...

and investigate strange goings on.

Starring Thoria Nerrivik as Detective B.B Gumshoe, Kailani as herself, and The ghost of old Mrs' Higgins as...the ghost of old Mrs' Higgins, the old lady who ran the lighthouse.
    Chesha
    Chesha

Monetary Credits : 2,000
    RPC : 40

Character sheet
    Name: Chesha
    Team: The Guild
    Primary Zoid: Gun Sniper

Post by Chesha 25th April 2017, 03:36

This conversion does not count for any speed modification abilities/equipment.

Minor clarification if you please? I'm not sure if it means mods aren't translated into the temporary new mode or just not accounted for when choosing which speed/agility set is used.

Also I dunno about that quest...are we sure old Mrs. Higgins is actually dead? Is a gang of troublesome kids going to show up at some point and need shooing away?

As to the second part of the ability I'm not wholly sure, I suppose it might depend on the answer to the first question. Am glad though that you didn't include digging as that might've still been wonky (well, wonkier than imagining a Raynos trying to run really fast - ignoring that it's likely just boosting along the ground or something less silly than my brain's decided on)
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Character sheet

Post by Valkyrie 25th April 2017, 16:53

(Since I can't be bothered changing over to Thoria)

What this note means is that if you have say...whatever the simulex thing is for air, since the genobreaker jet has a secondary movement mode (which is what this basically 'uses'), or a land package for ground, that if it uses a movement type that has a modification of that type on it, the actual bonus from said item is negated in the modified method of travel.

in short:
    Air package simulex on GBJ, plus Kailani in swim mode, air package 'bonus' stats not transferred in modification.

Since there isn't a limitation on the simulex packages except they can't be used with other ones, this is to stop me from picking up an air package and using this organoid while getting the boost that comes with the simulex to speed/agility and using it for swimming or burrowing
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character sheet

Post by Chesha 26th April 2017, 06:55

Okay that's what I was hoping to be the case, in which case I'm fine with it as the idea of converting between them sounds fun.

I'm fine with the armor addition as long as they don't gain any bonuses from defensive coatings or attached armor (like the ones that negate 10 physical, can't be healed by nanotech, etc). Shields are still okay since they're not touching the zoid directly.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Character sheet

Post by Valkyrie 26th April 2017, 20:44

other than is 'already there', thats the only real limitation, so its not going and grabbing new limbs to fit a purpose.

So if its got NT, its limb + NT + 50 arm. coating reductions would apply to a given limb, but it could be reworked so its wholly exclusive of base+NT+coating, and acting as ablative armor, at which point may as well reword it to a flat 50dp reduction on attacks against limb
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character sheet

Post by Chesha 27th April 2017, 00:02

Well we'll wait to see what someone else says on that front. I'm not personally sure on the added armor bit so was hoping someone else might step in at some point and comment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 10:58