Zoids After Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! You last visited 31st December 1969. You have 53 posts! Please welcome the newest player https://zoidsae.rpg-board.net/u48

4 posters

Organoid LQ: Dantalion

Kael Nyk
    Kael Nyk

Monetary Credits : 2,000
    RPC : 80

Character sheet
    Name: Drifter
    Team: The Guild
    Primary Zoid: Rayse Wolf

Organoid LQ: Dantalion Empty Organoid LQ: Dantalion

Post by Kael Nyk 14th April 2017, 20:34

ORGANOID INFORMATION
    Name: Dantalion
    Organoid Level: 0
    Organoid Points: 0

Repair: 0
    Stamina: 0
    Power:
    Speed:
    Agility:

Organoid Genus: Crow

Description:
    A black metallic organoid that was first discovered along the ruins of a military compound that was said to have long been abandoned. Its serial code lists it among a few of the recovered specimens of a long project of the Institute, marking it as one of the first variants of the manipulated genus. This is done through the acquisition of the organoid and splicing the fossil to create a new and improved version of it. As such, most of Dantalion’s physical features possess a modern design while its internals remain the same. He stands at 1-foot high with a full wingspan of over 2 and a half feet. However, with the Institute’s progress of splicing and resurrecting fossils, they managed to restore Dantalion’s original memories and technocratic abilities, turning the small organoid into a highly useful infiltrating and disruptive pawn. Because of its new design and small body, he can easily sneak into enemy bases, as was the purpose of the Institute’s modification, but at the same time, this harness the energy within the organoid, thus allowing its power to surge into a wave once released for it works as if it is constantly suppressed until released.Organoid LQ: Dantalion WYtDQ1m

Ability:

AFFLICTION
    Dantalion’s purpose, as it was discovered by the Institute, was deception. Part of it comes from the organoid’s restored memories that it would carry out disruptive measures both towards enemies and allies alike. This disruptive measures comes in the form of releasing a energy wave into the atmosphere around it, which may not be detected by those exposed to it until it is triggered. This energy is a viral infection, afflicting in a manner of triggering those exposed to slowly harm themselves without their knowing. However, after modified and enhanced by the Institute, this ability of Dantalion’s may be reflected in an energy surge that afflict mechanised organisms.

Creating a rift in the atmosphere, not in the sense of creating a portal, but to create a distortion of energy waves around the field, Dantalion’s energy would spread like a viral infection to all zoids aside from his fused one. Afflicted, those zoids would have backlashes upon every offensive move as the virus would be triggered within the core of the zoid. Because the nature of the affliction is like a virus, it spreads across the zoid’s core throughout the duration and only triggers during an assault action made by either natural, integrated or bought equipments. This results in having 30% of the Total Damage of any assault backfiring in the form of a system shock within the zoid’s core or a sudden overheating (this latter explanation is aesthetically and more rp-descriptive and not like the heat index ruling). As it attacks the system in the form of an affliction, it bypasses any damage reduction. The damage that “backfires” targets the specific location of where the offensive action originates, such as: a claw attack towards the front limbs, a tailwhip towards the tail, and for equipments depending on which hardpoints they use such as the body or limbs or tail. With regard to attacks such as biting and head-mounted, due to the nature of headshots in ZAE, the backfire damage from this attacks will be randomly dice-rolled to the other parts. (I insist on dice roll for this since it is only for random selection, and coin-flipping can be iffy.)
    Requires an Activation
    Khongol
    Khongol

RPC : 0

Character sheet
    Name: Khongol Halasian
    Team: Fury
    Primary Zoid: Shamshir Liger

Organoid LQ: Dantalion Empty Re: Organoid LQ: Dantalion

Post by Khongol 14th April 2017, 22:18

Alright, so, the Gist of the power is needlessly wordy and very pointed.

To start, basically, it is an electric field that reflects 30% non-elemental damage back to the weapon you were attacked by.

Correct?
    Kael Nyk
    Kael Nyk

Character sheet

Post by Kael Nyk 14th April 2017, 22:22

Well, it is wordy to make sure it is on point and not open to interpretations.

No. It's a feedback. It attacks not the weapon, but the location where the weapon is... aka, if you attack with claws = attacks the leg; if you attack with a gun mounted on the shoulder = the limb of that shoulder; it you attack with a canon on your back = then obviously the back/body.
    Aiyana
    Aiyana
    Site Owner

Monetary Credits : 300
    RPC : 72

Character sheet
    Name:
    Team:
    Primary Zoid:

Post by Aiyana 15th April 2017, 15:43

My only issues are that it lasts until the noid is done after activation, and the damage %.

Organoid offensive abilities are limited to 100, 150 for a charge feat. Mind you this would take up a feat of attack or charge each time.
    With 30% damage that would mean this could potentially an insane amount of damage to any Zoid against it in a battle. Enough that it would never be a fair fight. (You can put out 700+ dp in attacks in the standard 5 actions. 30% of that is 210. That means 210 dp for only an activation feat and that's just too much.)

Now, if it had a limit, or much lower numbers, it would be much better off. Maybe have it last for a couple actions and make it a strategic use, or lower the percentage to 10%-15%
    Kael Nyk
    Kael Nyk

Character sheet

Post by Kael Nyk 16th April 2017, 07:11

Hmmm. How about 20% and just for 1 round? o.O
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

RPC : 20

Character sheet
    Name: Valkyrie
    Primary Zoid: Konig Wolf EX type

Post by Valkyrie 16th April 2017, 18:42

Could you explain how a backfire occurs in something like say...a melee weapon? Cause...stuff like teeth and claws, any 'standard' melee attack is kind of a simple thing.

In a firearm type weapon, I can see it, though a virus can't make a gun misfire (maybe an energy weapon, but I'd have thought it'd simply stop them firing.
    Kael Nyk
    Kael Nyk

Character sheet

Post by Kael Nyk 16th April 2017, 19:27

The idea is that the virus puts a strain on the core and the effect is seen (rp-wise and mod-wise) on the locations. So the zoid ends up having a sore body part. As for equipment, that's why I noted that it affects the location of the hardpoints (aka if it's on the shoulder then it affects the limb of that hardpoint) because it's like a sickness that makes any action burdensome for the zoid (in this case, just offensive actions). And to help clarify why this happens is because while the equipment is mountain on the zoid, there is a connection between it and the zoid, otherwise how can the equipment be controlled? So this internal circuitry and commands that the pilot inputs into the zoid that uses the equipment is that link, and since the link is primarily found on the hardpoints that attaches those equipments on the zoid, therefore, the strain should happen along that area. Like a sick zoid swinging around a sword ends up having sore muscles along his arms coz the strain of wielding the sword was intensified by the virus.

And... uh... I'm pretty sure I made it clear to state only a percentage is backfired. o.O So it's not really misfiring, and that the "backfire" comes in the form of an internal damage coz virus (think sick zoid). So while the attack proceeds to any enemy it was aimed for, the zoid just gets sore from the action (coz he/she is sick).
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

RPC : 20

Character sheet
    Name: Valkyrie
    Primary Zoid: Konig Wolf EX type

Post by Valkyrie 16th April 2017, 21:19

See, my issue is that this is handwavium for "It's supposed to screw over opponents so they can't fight back for easy wins", a virus, effecting machinery, or the control systems of said machinery, okay I can back that, I've seen Virus the movie. A virus being able to prevent or mess with a gun firing (okay its got to be linked to the zoids systems) its easy enough to see, being one of the considerations against the hand/fingerprint ID systems as 'safeties' in modern weapons.

But it gets hazy when you start talking about burdens, internal damage (how? a misfire would take the weapon out of commission, and internally would be designed to prevent damage in the event of a catastrophic failure (science!)) and 'sickness'...

But thats just the words...the actual effect I have issues with.
    See, unlike say...an accuracy reduction or a offensive ability with clearly defined limitations, this is an uncapped 'automatic' attack based on an opponents actions.

If you get second post, you pop this and its game over for your opponent. Your attacks plus this 'backfire' effect would be an instant-win for you.
    If you get first post, you cripple your opponent into not attacking (or getting creative, which would nullify the effect of your organoid ability), while benefiting from all the increases normally associated with an organoid. Again, we're talking instant win.

Why do I say instant win? Because this deals UNMODIFIABLE DAMAGE AUTOMATICALLY.
    I get you want something out there, I like that, but what this would signal is everyone else going "If this is okay, how can I word something so its different...but the same". And again, the damage dealt from the backfire can't be dodged, it deals 100% of the 10-20-30% it of the attack, and it deals it through defensive systems (hex shield, shield abilities), armor modifiers (coating/armor plates), AND accuracy reductions (like stealth). And because its an automatic penalty, dodging has zero effect.

So lets see what would actually happen in a combat scenario, that I'm going to purposefully load out that it would logically mean lights out for my opponent.
    Organoid fused, Amaterasu: +50% melee damage, x2 melee weapon usage, Guardian Angel, double attack reflexes for total use, Runic glaive only.
    Because I've never really 'shown off', I'll give you the brownpants version of the numbers...
    Standard Glaive attack, 197dp. 3x use per round.
    Glaive +GA: 227. Okay its a bit mean now. Glaive +GA, organoid power: 257dp. You know its getting serious now.
    Glaive +GA, organoid power, organoid ability: 385.5dp. for one attack, that is "One hit kill" on nearly everything. now 30% of that is what? 115dp. My attack(s) could miss, but the ability deals 115 each time.
    Now we double attack 3 times (for the total 6 uses): 2,313 DP. In 3 actions. (You may go change your pants now), HOWEVER! these attacks can miss, which means that while the total damage output is well and truly frightening, the actual damage output range is 0-2313. Your damage output from this ability alone would be next to 700dp (its actually 693.9dp), automatic hit, no reductions possible. Then your own attacks. Soooo....

So...should anyone have access to a guaranteed attack regardless of its power?. No. Not only no but no f#$king way.

However... The only real way I'd back this sort of thing is if it had a cap comparable to the MAXIMUM damage that any other ability is allowed for an Organoid. a case could be made for an increase, but I feel like that should ideally be to matches versus Evolutions or high use/high damage abilities. On that ground, the effect IS diminished because standard zoids don't have the sheer insane numbers that evo's have, dealing in the range of 8-20dp against pretty much anything except a particle cannon/Ex-force cannon.
    Aiyana
    Aiyana
    Site Owner

Monetary Credits : 300
    RPC : 72

Character sheet
    Name:
    Team:
    Primary Zoid:

Post by Aiyana 17th April 2017, 03:21

Kael Nyk wrote:Hmmm. How about 20% and just for 1 round? o.O

My question is this; Organoids are only allowed 100 DP without a charge, and 150 DP with a charge. That's per attack on ONE Zoid, and this ability is offensive and would fall under such.
    Maybe a MAX to the damage it can cause overall? 20% with the numbers I have would still result in this being too overwhelming for anyone to possibly deal with, including a Zoid meant for tanking damage.

Organoid abilities should be useful, but not tip the scales so hard that you could feasible win a Xv1 where you are outnumbered without fail.
    My Zoid when I had Iayui had an ability where I could choose +25% accuracy or evasion on fusion.
    Others have a +% to their output in melee and increased usage (like Valk with one of her Noids) and I know someone on the old site had a shield that formed for a few actions once per turn that was basically an extra hex shield.
    The thing is that nearly everything either affected themselves directly (accuracy/evasion/buff/shield) or was an attack that required a feat each time.

What we have here is a global attack that keeps going with just one feat used to deal infinite numbers of damage. By infinite I mean it has no maximum, as it relies on opponents attacking. This means they would have to focus on only dodging if they wished to avoid being defeated, when the Organoid ability is not meant to be an end-all thing. Just a useful ability added onto the nice benefits that it already gives when fusing.
    Khongol
    Khongol

RPC : 0

Character sheet
    Name: Khongol Halasian
    Primary Zoid: Shamshir Liger

Post by Khongol 18th April 2017, 01:02

I'll post more thoughts tomorrow after work or Wednesday at latest... but honestly here is the short version:

I will always ALWAYS be against anything that directly affects an enemy automatically. I do not care what you try to put the percentage at. Anything that affects anyone else automatically without penalty will have an instant "No".

Not to mention you put NO duration there as to imply "Always on". So... no. Period.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 09:26